What's Cool about this job!
You will serve as the first point of contact for our customers, supporting all of their WordPress questions and needs. You will develop a deep technical knowledge of the various open source technologies which deliver amazing digital experiences for our customers.
WP Engine cares about YOU, meaning that we invest in both personal and professional development. Our mission is to develop you to your full potential and work with you through each stage of your career here. We like to promote people within our business, and many of those folks started out in technical support. Up to 25% of our company has been promoted internally, and we will continue to reward our talent. If you are a self-motivator seeking a challenge and can think outside the box, then this role is for you!
- You will be the face of our company and have an opportunity to deliver a world-class experience with every interaction with our customers.
- You’ll get to apply creative problem-solving techniques to identify and solve the source of problems while keeping our customers happy and engaged.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, to grow technical knowledge to better support our customers as well as strengthening your own technical skillset.
- Help maintain a great team and working environment by assisting fellow team members. We are a global inclusive team and we work together!
- Demonstrate a positive attitude when faced with change, working with your teammates and with our customers.
Skills & Requirements
- Positive Energy and enthusiasm! You believe in our company values!
- Ideally, 1-2 years experience working in technical support or a customer service position.
- Technical Aptitude: You demonstrate a keen knowledge of, and passion for, web technology. You are someone who learns quickly and takes ownership of your personal development.
- Effective Troubleshooting Skills: You demonstrate strong root cause analysis skills, through effective troubleshooting skills and you are able to quickly identify problems and solutions. You work well in a collaborative troubleshooting environment, while at the same time you can also work autonomously to arrive at the right solution for our customers.
- Communication Skills: You have strong written and verbal communication skills, with a strong command of the English language. Ability to accurately type 40 - 60 words per minute. You have the ability to establish a professional, friendly, and empathetic dialogue with customers.
- Excellent Organisational Skills: You’re a great multitasker. You can handle multiple requests at once and have an understanding of prioritisation.
- Team Focus: Effectively work in a team environment that uses cross collaboration and teamwork to solve issues. You enjoy working with others, demonstrate a willingness and ability to share your knowledge with peers and others.
- Customer Inspired: Demonstrate customer focus in every interaction with our customers. You actively listen and leave our customers feeling supported and understood.
- Adaptable: You are resilient and adapt to the changing business and landscape in the tech world.
Nice to Haves:
- WordPress: Basic knowledge of WordPress (Plugin and Themes).
- Basic knowledge of DNS and SSL.
- You understand the usage of file systems and the tools for remotely managing web content on a web or file server.
- Basic knowledge of Linux Command Line.
- You have experience with StudioPress and/or the Genesis framework.
- You have previous experience with online Chat and/or instant messaging tools.
- You have previously worked with customers via phone support.
- Solid understanding of the core error codes associated with web hosting (eg. 404 etc)
Perks & Benefits
- Be yourself! Casual Dress code.
- Giving back! Company volunteer/fundraising activities.
- Free lunches, snacks & drinks,
- Market Competitive Compensation.
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- VHI Healthcare & Dental
WP Engine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a US employer, WP Engine is required to verify all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are eligible to work in the United States.