What Is Cool About This Job
In Partner Sales, you get to work as the primary relationship owner and partner advocate. You will build relationships with both new and existing partners to help guide them through our product portfolio and match their growth objectives. You'll be connecting with IT Professionals and small to mid-sized agencies to demonstrate the value of WP Engine and how our platform can meet their business needs.
The day to day
- Build a pipeline through cold-calls, inbound requests, and marketing leads.
- Work independently to explain the value of WP Engine to prospective partners and work with teammates to provide additional transparency.
- Use the WP Engine platform so you have an idea of what you’re selling.
- Follow our sales process to close deals but still realize it’s vital to keep SalesForce.com updated.
- Consistently run partner onboarding which will include demos of our platform and partner portal.
- Frequently write quotes, proposals, and SOW's.
- Know when to bring in Management and/or Sales Engineers when closing a deal.
- Negotiate and know what it takes to close the deal.
- Provide sales reports to management and executives on a regular basis.
- No matter how many deals you close, you realize it's about the team and working with everyone so both the customer and WP Engine are successful.
Your Expertise & Passion
- Ability to generate, qualify and execute on opportunities in order to exceed revenue targets.
- 1-2 years of direct sales experience with a successful track record of meeting or exceeding assigned individual quota.
- Confirmed ability to articulate the WP Engine portfolio and understand how to match that to client needs.
- Confirmed ability to pitch the benefits of the WP Engine Agency Partner Program and why agencies should partner with us.
- Strong organization skills to lead all your assigned region’s new partners through onboarding to create a phenomenal first impression.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a high volume of accounts and transactions
- Bring a strong understanding of business practices, industry trends and competitors to each sales cycle.
- The person for this role is a self starter, fast-moving, hungry, and able to drive business development within your territory.
- Demonstrate passion and energy both externally with the customer and internally with cross functional teams.
- Consistently build and manage your pipeline while communicating effectively with leadership throughout each phase of the sales process.
- Effectively create and articulate ROI in the negotiation process to bring the utmost value to both the customer and WP Engine.
The Perks & Benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: WP Engine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WP Engine employees or any other organization location. WP Engine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.