What Is Cool About This Job
Our global acquisition sales team today is small and growing. This is a great time to join an established tech start-up and further your selling experience with Fortune 100 to Fortune 500 clients. In acquisition sales, you get the opportunity to uncover opportunities for growth by leading strategic business development to drive and achieve your revenue quota each month. To be successful it is a key attribute that you are dynamic, hungry, and drive business development within your territory.
The Day To Day
- Use your WP Engine platform and phenomenal experience with the product to gain new customers and delight existing ones.
- You know what it takes to build a pipeline and can do it whether it's cold-calls, marketing leads, executive introductions, or your own network.
- You're able to work independently to explain the value of WP Engine to prospective customers but know when to pull in others to provide additional information and product transparency.
- Build key territories and accounts.
- Identify and grow Partner relationships in Market
- Work with Marketing to drive campaigns into target markets
- You can follow our sales process to close deals and but still realize it's meaningful to keep SalesForce.com updated.
- You've given application demos before, understand how to set them up, and run them flawlessly
- Actively own your business base to look for upgrade and referral opportunities
- Run overage reports and follow up with our customers needing additional services and products
- Handle and close inbound leads
- Give application demos, write proposals and SOW’s.
- Bring in Leadership and Sales Engineers when necessary to close the deal.
- Provide sales reports to leadership and executives on a regular basis.
- Cross functional teamwork within WP Engine teams is a requirement.
- Travel 25% within territory, where applicable
Your Expertise And Passion
- 7-10 years relative experience in enterprise software, platforms or web hosting.
- Able to generate, qualify and execute on opportunities in order to exceed revenue targets.
- Validated ability to articulate a vision that resonates with our customers and demonstrates strong value.
- Use two-way discovery to uncover customer need and matches strategic solutions to that need.
- Build a trusted and long-lasting relationship with customers and key business partners within WPEngine as a strategic advisor.
- Bring a deep understanding of business practices, industry trends and competitors to each sales cycle.
- Demonstrate passion and energy both externally with the customer and internally with cross functional teams.
- Consistently build an effective pipeline while communicating actively with leadership throughout each phase of the sales process.
- Effectively craft and articulate return on investment in the negotiation process to bring the up-most value to both the prospect and WP Engine.
The Perks and Benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: WP Engine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WP Engine employees or any other organization location. WP Engine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.