WHAT IS COOL ABOUT THIS JOB
Do you love to engineer customer delight? WP Engine is looking for a creative, experienced front-end engineer to help us migrate from our existing Bootstrap+jQuery front-end to a more extensible, usable, and accessible one. The team will be building up our React Component Library in the process.
The project is in its infancy, so this is a great opportunity to draw upon your experience and philosophies to create something clean and new! You and your team will rapidly deliver beautiful, performant UIs while also enabling other React developers at the office—and eventually in the community—to do the same. Defining our standards and patterns will be a collaborative effort between engineering, design and architecture.
Join our diverse, rapidly growing team of engineers passionate about delivering usable experiences rapidly and iteratively. Help us accelerate the future into the present!
THE DAY TO DAY
- Work as part of a scrum team, delivering working software rapidly and iterating
- Help steer the process of iteratively migrating from our existing front-end architecture to a more extensible, usable, and accessible modern solution
- Take collective ownership, along with the team, over our burgeoning React component library, enabling other feature teams to create consistent user experiences across our product suite
- Help set and communicate front-end standards and best practices
- Perform continuous integration testing with appropriate methodologies and tools
- Deliver in continuous deployment environment
- Write documentation, train others
- Blow minds
YOUR EXPERTISE AND PASSION
- 7+ years UI development experience
- Knowledge of responsive design implementation, MVVM framework concepts, standard service patterns
- Proficiency in various frameworks and libraries, especially React
- Familiarity with node.js
- Familiarity with TypeScript and/or Ruby on Rails is a plus
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: WP Engine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WP Engine employees or any other organization location. WP Engine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.