Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world’s leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 90,000 customers in 140 countries. We’re proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. In fact, we were ranked #8 in Best Workplaces in Technology 2019 by Great Places to Work. Fortune magazine has also ranked WP Engine as a Best Place to Work for Millennials in the Small/Medium Business category for the past two years. 99 percent of employees believe you’re made to feel welcome at WP Engine.
What’s Cool About this Role
The Finance team is responsible for improving strategic and financial decision-making across the company. We maintain WP Engine's operating model, strategic plans and capital allocation decisions, and think a lot about strategy. Business partners will rely on you for insight and trust you to help tackle hard problems. At WP Engine we believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, and you'll collaborate with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision-makers and the executive team.
You will support Finance leaders in managing operating plans, financial forecasts, and reporting. You also will lead the enhancement of internal processes in an effort to improve the finance function at the strategic and operational levels.
The Day to Day
- Drive and build executive presentations and meeting materials for CFO to CEO, Board of Directors and external audiences, including leading on ad hoc operational and company analysis as needed
developmentof senior leadership presentations to facilitate management discussions and articulate the company’s strategic vision
- Lead preparation and distribution of financial reports and packages by gathering and analyzing information related to current performance
- Maintain a deep understanding of operating metrics, transactions, issues and changes in strategy
- Develop and utilize sound financial processes to drive improved business performance
- Lead efforts around operational improvements, system implementations and reporting automation
- Leads the preparation and analysis of annual planning and rolling forecasts including the accompanying senior management presentations
- Manage and develop Finance tools and systems
Your Expertise and Passion
- You have 5+ years of Corporate Finance or FP&A experience preferably within a fast-growing environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with
a keenattention to detail
- Ability and desire to understand the operational drivers of business performance
- Ability to communicate financial matters to non-Finance personnel
- Consistent track record of working with financial planning tools such as Adaptive
- Advanced financial modeling skills. Experience building
driver basedmodels with fully integrated P&L, Balance sheet andCash Flow Enthusiasticuser of technology to generate and analyze data strategically
- Bachelor's degree, preferably Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields
- A passion for solving complex business problems with insightful analysis and data storytelling
The Perks and Benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
At WP Engine we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: WP Engine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WP Engine employees or any other organization location. WP Engine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.