Founded in Austin, Texas by well-known serial entrepreneur Jason Cohen (@asmartbear), WP Engine has maintained its scrappy startup roots while experiencing striking growth. This growth provides many opportunities for engineers at WP Engine to solve hard problems at scale, yet we are still small enough for your contributions to have a noticeable impact on the company’s future.
We are searching for experienced software engineers to join our rapidly expanding R&D team to help build products that support the growth and operational excellence of WP Engine. WP Engine has built the leading WordPress digital experience platform used by 80,000+ customers in 130+ countries and delivers an award-winning customer experience. Our platform is integrated with internal products and business systems to power WP Engine’s Customer Experience, Sales, Marketing and Finance teams. Python, Django, React.js, Kubernetes, Docker, Salesforce, and Stripe are some of the technologies that you will work with. Experience in these domains is desired, but we are also happy to help you learn our stack as long as you have a history of mastering other languages and technologies quickly. We hire for talent and potential, we are seeking forward-thinking people to help invent the future of web hosting.
We see our culture as a bold advantage and believe that it is meaningful to hire the best and ensure that we provide an environment where the best get better. If you are intelligent, phenomenal at solving problems, a hard worker, and an excellent teammate, you may be the engineer that we are looking for.
The day to day
- Design, write, test, integrate, and maintain software applications that are resilient, robust, and perform at scale
- Continuously improve WP Engine’s secure, performant software platform that supports tens of millions of end users
- Write clean, maintainable code
- Improve test coverage and build deployment pipelines to safely and rapidly push new code to production
- Work closely with Product Management to ensure that your frequent, incremental code changes contribute to our customers
- We are fanatical about automation because we invest for the future. You will be expected to constantly look for opportunities to automate and optimize
- Research new technologies and incorporate them into new and existing systems and products
- Be a phenomenal teammate to the other members of your scrum team
- Be customer inspired by using technology in a way that enables positive customer outcomes.
Your expertise and passion
- 5-7 years of writing high quality, maintainable, deployable, testable, and highly usable software applications (in any language)
- Proven history of continuous learning and ability to stay ahead of technology trends
problem solvingabilities, an inquisitive personality, and an eagerness to tackle the challenge of big problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a related field) OR equivalent experience
- Production experience with containerization technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience solving problems with distributed systems at scale in the cloud
- Excels in an Agile environment using Scrum methodologies and standard methodologies
The perks & benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Pension scheme with company match (Make the most of retirement)
- Paid Time Off (20 vacation days + 5 Flex Days)
- Private Health Coverage (100% company paid)
- Life/Death in Service and Income Protection (We’ve got your back)
- Lunch (Monday - Thursday)
WP Engine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a US employer, WP Engine is required to verify all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are eligible to work in the United States.