The Director of Product Management will have responsibility for a full portfolio of product lines, each with their own roadmap and development team(s). You will lead teams in building new products that have the potential to scale from zero to $100 + million in ARR over the course of your tenure. You’ll have the opportunity to sell new products into more than 100,000 highly existing and engaged customers, rather than having to look for new markets or start from scratch. And you’ll get to build all of this on top of one of the world’s largest Internet platforms.
What is cool about this job
As Director of Product, you will develop and articulate product strategy for your Portfolio Group. You will think big picture about our business goals and how we achieve them through innovation and experimentation. You will use strong analytical sense to evaluate ideas and dissect challenges.
You will build confidence in Product Management throughout the organization by demonstrating a strategic approach to what matters to the business, an ability to lead through influence, react appropriately in high pressure situations, and a consistent and strong track record for execution with Agile development teams.
The Day to Day
You will have a passion for the voice of the customer. You will demonstrate an ability to synthesize customer feedback, market analysis, competitive landscapes, partner ecosystems, financial metrics and business models.
- Lead by example in living WP Engine’s Core Values.
- Inspire your team to do the best work of their careers in a team environment with high trust, no fear of conflict, commitment, accountability, and attention to results.
- Practice servant leadership and be there to support each of your Product Managers as a person to be encouraged and led, not as a resource to be managed.
- Get results via comprehensive performance management: hiring, training and retaining the best talent; setting purposefully realistic objectives; and active coaching.
- Build strong relationships with leaders throughout other departments at WP Engine to ensure a “one team” mindset as we continue to grow and scale the business.
- Identify ideas for new products and features through innovative and strategic insights born from a deep understanding of our markets and customers. Maximize customer value and business impact by ensuring the team is focused on shipping the right product to customers.
- Design and implement methodologies and processes that lead to operational excellence.
- Be both quantitative and qualitative. You should be able to quickly assess and understand complex systems, but also have high EQ, so that you can be a product ambassador to the rest of the organization.
- Superb interpersonal skills - You are able to communicate effectively, write meticulously, and give excellent presentations.
- Ensure the quality of decisions and deliverables across the analysis, discovery, development, release and go-to-market activities within your team’s product portfolio.
- Oversee the planning and delivery of product releases across multiple teams.
- Connect and raise awareness around your team’s product roadmap(s) through active and ongoing communication with key cross-functional partners to ensure alignment.
- You will have the rare blend of deep technical knowledge and strong business insight.
- Experience working for a SaaS, or Enterprise Software company.
- Strong track record of building high-performing teams and developing talent with high growth potential.
- Demonstrated tenacity, resilience, and leadership experience that enables you to organize and lead projects, overcome challenges, and propose solutions. We seek a highly motivated self-starter with a track-record of “figuring it out.”
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end product lifecycle with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development, and execution.
THE PERKS & BENEFITS
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
At WP Engine we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: WP Engine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WP Engine employees or any other organization location. WP Engine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.