What is Cool About This Job
Playing your part in leading and developing a dynamic & technical customer support team as we rapidly expand services from our newest location based in Limerick, Ireland. In this role, you will be responsible for the personal and professional development of the team, and should demonstrate a passion for supporting the platform that our customers (and WordPress developers!) love. This person should find solving problems irresistible, enjoy working collaboratively in a fast pace, 24/7/365 environment and understand that delivering an exceptional customer experience is at the heart of our business, in a role where you have an opportunity to transform a global service.
The Day to Day
- Leading a technical team to deliver a differentiated & world-class support experience.
- Managing to key performance metrics ensuring speed, quality, and most importantly, customer satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in order to maintain required productivity levels.
- Working interdepartmentally with other Support Leaders to capacity plan, maintain appropriate staffing levels and manage escalations on a global scale.
- Working cross-functionally with all departments within WP Engine to meet our Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and customer satisfaction goals.
- Work closely with our business operations team to make sure all relevant data being provided is up to date and accurate.
- Partner with our recruiting team to help with reviewing resumes and conducting candidate phone screens and interviews.
- Work with senior leadership to set direction and manage team meetings.
- Working schedule Monday- Friday 8am-5pm.
Your Expertise and Passion
- 3-5 years of related experience and three years managing technical support teams.
- Experienced in the personal development of a team and individual team members, including goal setting & tracking, feedback and appraisals.
- Experience with various Support Communication Systems, such as; Zendesk, as well as large scale Phone and Live-Chat systems.
- Proven experience in the definition, measurement, reporting and leverage of Key Performance Metrics, to ensure our service exceeds customer expectations.
- Experience in managing remote resources and working in a globally distributed team.
- Operational and tactical view of the business and can provide strategic leadership and direction.
- A deep understanding of the IT industry, Hosting and various technologies.
- Effective troubleshooting, analytical skills and the ability to manage complex and technical projects.
- Exhibit excellent attention to detail and interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- A true Servant Leader and naturally put the needs of your team ahead of those of your own.
- Problem Solver with a passion for customer care. You seek to understand how we can improve and over-deliver on their expectations.
- You have a drive to get things done, initiative to think about the next project.
- A passion for service & driving change.
- WordPress experience is a plus.
- A quality certification is a plus.
The Perks & Benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Pension scheme with company match (Make the most of retirement)
- Paid Time Off (25 vacation days)
- Private Health Coverage (100% company paid)
- Life/Death in Service and Income Protection (We’ve got your back)
- Lunch (Monday - Thursday)
Check us out on social #wpeculture
WP Engine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a US employer, WP Engine is required to verify all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are eligible to work in the United States.