What Is Cool About This Job
In the SMB sales executive role we get the opportunity to engage with customers to define and understand their needs, and we get to work with internal support resources to develop and propose practical solutions. Using a dedicated prospecting approach and strategic business development you will uncover opportunities for growth within your territory and build a robust sales pipeline.
Successful SMB sales executives are adaptable and learn quickly; they are articulate and communicate persuasively; they apply a can-do attitude and are eager to take the initiative; they are focused on continuously driving business development in their territory. They are also resilient, tenacious, motivated, and driven to win.
The Day to Day
- Stay knowledgable on WP Engine’s service and solution offerings, the benefits they provide, and their value to our customers.
- Articulate WP Engine’s offerings to customers and deliver compelling product demos tailored to their specific needs.
- Continuously build and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline through cold-calls, marketing-leads, customer referrals, executive introductions, and your networks.
- Maintain highly accurate, up to date CRM information on customers and opportunities within Salesforce.
- Make effective and efficient use of our customer experience teams and sales engineers to educate customers and help them make informed buying decisions.
- Collaborate with internal sales and support systems to ensure that customer’s expectations are correctly set and that they are kept informed while experiencing the buying journey.
- Write accurate quotes, proposals, and SOWs.
- Position our company's capabilities and value proposition to resolve customer concerns or objections throughout the buying process.
- Use the WP Engine Sales Stages to advance and close sales opportunities.
- Provide sales reports to management and executives on a regular basis and assistance on special projects where required.
Your Expertise and Passion
- Minimum of two- three years of direct sales experience with an unbeaten track record of meeting or exceeding assigned individual quota.
- You're a natural on the phone. That means you have a confirmed ability in handling a high volume of sales activity via the telephone.
- You realize that our company is a specialized platform and it's not about the sale, it's about what's best for the customer and WP Engine. Success means we both succeed.
- You're organized, principled, and can give concise reports on opportunities to company leadership.
- Experience selling software products and customizable solutions to marketing and sales professionals strongly preferred.
- Previous WordPress experience is a plus.
The Perks & Benefits
- Compensation (We offer ambitious market salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner of the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD, and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
WP Engine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a US employer, WP Engine is required to verify all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are eligible to work in the United States.