What Is Cool About This Job
In this role you'll be central to the learning experience of all new hires in our London office, as well as the ongoing training and development of our EMEA Sales Representatives. That will include leading monthly onboarding classes for newly hired reps, contributing to the evolution of the curriculum on an ongoing basis, delivering ad hoc training sessions, providing individual coaching to team members, and generally playing a pivotal role in preparing our rapidly growing Sales organization. You will be an integral part of our team of impassioned, creative, and fun-loving learning and development professionals, making a difference in the lives of our employees.
The Day to Day
- Facilitate classroom training, including new hire onboarding and Sales onboarding programs, so that our EMEA employees can jump right into their roles, feeling supported, welcomed, and ready to make valuable contributions to the business.
- Develop relationships with EMEA Sales Representatives and provide performance coaching on Sales techniques and methodologies.
- Work reciprocally with the U.S.-based training team to create and continuously maintain training materials, including training documents, presentations, activities, knowledge base articles, knowledge assessments, job-aids, and e-learning courses.
- Work closely with Sales Operations and Enablement teams to anticipate performance challenges and develop effective training solutions in advance.
- Coordinate with our London and US sales leadership teams to leverage best practices and continued education.
- Meet regularly with managers and employees, and observe work to accurately determine the measurable impact of training and coaching on Sales Representatives’ performance.
- Solicit feedback from participants and implement improvements in accordance with feedback from Director of Learning and Development and other key partners.
- Organize sessions with external training partners for more advanced topics.
- Communicate with all levels of employees and executives on Sales training projects and initiatives.
Your expertise and passion
- A deep love of learning, educating, and a commitment to service
- Quota bearing Sales experience required (ideally SMB and Enterprise)
- 3+ years relevant experience preferred
- Experience in training a specific Sales methodology; experience with the Sandler Sales Methodology is a plus
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise and presence by facilitating in a style appropriate for the audience and the session topic
- Strong coaching abilities with focus on tailoring guidance to individual’s needs
- Knowledge of the concepts and principles of adult learning and the ability to apply these concepts and practices to training design
- Analytical and curious in researching perspectives from various stakeholders to determine learning and development needs
- Proposes potential solutions to address learning needs, considering both training and non-training options that would support transfer of learning
- Writes learning objectives, develops design, and builds materials to reinforce objectives and engage participants in the learning experience (could include classroom presentations, self-guided videos, e-learning, job aids, etc.)
- Previous experience with WordPress and SaaS is a plus
- Experience working with agency management tools including email marketing platforms and digital learning management systems preferred
- Collaborative and strong interpersonal relationship skills at all levels
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire and flexibility to be a part of a high growth company with an ambitious spirit and a dynamic, results-oriented culture
The Perks and Benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Pension scheme with company match (Make the most of retirement)
- Paid Time Off (25 vacation days)
- Private Health Coverage (100% company paid)
- Life and Disability Insurance (We’ve got your back)
- Lunch (Monday - Friday)
Check us out on social #wpeculture
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
At WP Engine we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: WP Engine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WP Engine employees or any other organization location. WP Engine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.