As a Solutions Consultant on the sales team, you will focus on teaming up with our small to mid market, and medium to large account Sales Reps. You will help close business by providing in-depth, pre-sales technical consultation to prospects, and strategic consultation to existing customers. You will be part of the Sales Engineering team ensuring we work together on an awesome value proposition educating our clients on the benefits of our platform, while supporting our customers and helping them win online.
Are you technically savvy, but customer driven at heart? Do you love to problem solve and help customers plan for the next big online event? If so, then this job is could be for you.
WP Engine are an equal opportunities employer. We're a diverse and inclusive set of people brought together by our shared purpose and values.
What's Cool About This Job?
Our Technical Consultants/Sales Engineers have a strong customer service and development background, most commonly in PHP. You will have significant in-depth experience with developing, managing, and deploying web applications within WordPress. You can come here and demonstrate your in-depth technical knowledge around PaaS solutions, as we continue to significantly grow our client base.
Your Day to Day:
- Internal sales team technical trainings, technical documentation creation, and frequent collaboration with product and marketing teams.
- Communicate technical topics to non-technical individuals with ease, while being highly adaptable in a quickly changing environment.
- Work hand in hand with our sales representatives and customers to identify creative solutions to meet their business needs.
- Cross departmental partnership to communicate platform improvements and feature creation.
Your Expertise and Passion:
- 3-5 years of customer-facing experience in a technical consulting, systems engineering, or pre-sales engineering role.
- Intermediate experience in WordPress management, tuning, scaling, and security.
- Intermediate LAMP stack knowledge along with DNS, Nginx, and Varnish experience.
- Significant hands-on experience in PHP and the WordPress Codex.
- Experience with cloud computing (IaaS or PaaS) platforms.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills on technical and business topics.
- Good technical problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work through contending priorities, goals, and tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
Nice to Have:
- Direct selling experience in the PaaS space.
- Ability to effectively navigate meaningful questions in a sales environment.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Google, New Relic and CloudFlare.
- Linux web and database server administration experience.
- Willingness to travel for prospects, customers, WordCamps, and other marketing related field events.
- Demonstrate your technical knowledge along one or more products, specialties, or departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Information Technology or Business discipline. Experience in lieu of degree always a plus.
At WP Engine we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: WP Engine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, WP Engine employees or any other organization location. WP Engine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.