What is Cool About This Job
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- We are passionate about people and we want you to be passionate about us.
- Our support team in Limerick have such diverse backgrounds from tele-support, online-retail, web hosting to development and design.
- Giving back locally and to the Wordpress community are part of our core values, we love like-minded people.
- Tinker with technology? Then you're talking our language, if you are skilled in some or all the areas listed below, we want to hear from you.
In Customer Support the entire company’s got your back. From development to the operations team, we support initiatives to increase your efficiency, allowing you to focus on providing an amazing experience for our clients. You are fully empowered to do your job but more importantly, ensure making the customer’s experience the best it can be. At WP Engine we offer careers, not jobs. You will work on the latest cloud solutions and get exposure to the entire stack of web technologies. Start out in support and choose your destiny. We train and promote from within and encourage continued learning.
The Day to Day
- Responsible for all customer support issues. That means you'll be the one our customers turn to when they have a problem and providing the solution should be your top priority!
- You'll need to apply creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems while at the same time keeping the customer updated with progress of the issue.
- You'll have to take the initiative to learn about the customer, understand their problem, and determine the best way to fix it.
- You'll need to be well-versed in all the parts and services involved in running a website. WordPress is at the top of the list, but you'll need to be familiar with plugins, database servers, DNS, FTP, SFTP, and SMTP to name a few.
- Working schedule Monday- Friday 6am-3pm.
Your Expertise and Passion
- Have a passion for technology, helping customers and learning.
- 1-2 years experience working in technical support or a customer service position.
- Technical aptitude: you have strong troubleshooting skills and are able to easily identify problem.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress: you have built, installed or supported a WordPress site.
- Basic knowledge of DNS: you should know what a CNAME and an A Record is.
- Basic knowledge of Network fundamentals: You know what a traceroute is and can use ping.
- Basic knowledge of FTP: If you know what SFTP is and why you should use it, that's even better.
- Basic knowledge of linux command line and SSL.
- Able to type 50 - 60 WPM.
- Customer focused: You're a people person who looks forward to helping the person who just called you for help.
- Team player: Teamwork isn't something you just talk about, you believe it and help keep it going.
- Able to multitask: You can handle multiple tickets at once, but you can tell which tickets are priority.
- Detail oriented: You like to take detailed notes of what you're doing so others can see what steps you've taken to help the customer, we work as a team and having detailed notes is helpful for everyone.
- Great communicator: As the most visible part of the company, it matters what you say and how you say it.
Nice to Have:
- Basic knowledge of WordPress Plugins and Themes.
The Perks & Benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Pension scheme with company match (Make the most of retirement)
- Paid Time Off (25 vacation days)
- Private Health Coverage (100% company paid)
- Life/Death in Service and Income Protection (We’ve got your back)
- Lunch provided Monday - Thursday.
Check us out on social #wpeculture
WP Engine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a US employer, WP Engine is required to verify all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are eligible to work in the United States.