What is Cool About This Job
This position will focus on new territory/business development as well as uncover opportunities for growth in existing accounts through both up-selling and cross selling to drive and achieve your revenue quota each month. Our global Enterprise sales team today is established and growing. This is the opportunity to join a growing tech start-up and further your selling experience with Fortune 100 to Fortune 500 clients. You'll be building relationships with C-level marketing and IT professionals to demonstrate the value of WP Engine and how our unique solution can meet their business needs. To be successful in this role you have to be fast-moving, hungry, and drive business development within your territory and established accounts.
The Day to Day
- Use the WP Engine platform and experience the product you will be selling.
- You know what it takes to build a pipeline and can do it whether it's cold-calls, marketing leads, executive introductions, or your own network.
- You're able to work independently to explain the value of WP Engine to prospective customers but know when to pull in others to provide additional clarity.
- Manage key territories and accounts.
- Identify and manage Partner relationships in Market
- Work with Marketing to drive campaigns into target markets
- You can follow our sales process to close deals and but still realize it's important to keep SalesForce.com updated.
- You've given application demos before, understand how to set them up, and run them flawlessly
- Proactively manage the base to look for upgrade and referral opportunities
- Manage overage reports and follow up with relevant customers
- Manage and close inbound leads
- Give application demos, write proposals and SOW’s.
- Bring in Management and the Sales Engineers when necessary to close the deal.
- Provide sales reports to management and executives on a regular basis.
- Cross collaboration within WP Engine teams is a must.
- Travel 25% within territory
Your Expertise and Passion
- 7-10 years relative experience in enterprise software, platform or hosting.
- Able to generate, qualify and execute on opportunities in order to exceed revenue targets.
- Proven ability to articulate a vision that resonates with the customer and demonstrates strong value.
- Use two way discovery to uncover customer need and matches strategic solutions to that need.
- Build a trusted and long lasting relationship with customer and positions WPEngine as a strategic advisor.
- Bring a strong understanding of business practices, industry trends and competitors to each sales cycle.
- Demonstrate passion and energy both externally with the customer and internally with cross functional teams.
- Consistently build and manage an effective pipeline while communicating proactively with leadership throughout each phase of the sales process.
- Effectively creates and articulates ROI in the negotiation process to bring the up-most value to both the customer and WP Engine.
The Perks & Benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Pension scheme with company match (Make the most of retirement)
- Paid Time Off (25 vacation days)
- Private Health Coverage (100% company paid)
- Life and Disability Insurance (We’ve got your back)
- Daily lunch allowance provided
Check us out on social #wpeculture
WP Engine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a US employer, WP Engine is required to verify all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are eligible to work in the United States.